Consumer Electronics Show (CES) held each yr in January at Las Vegas is a premier digital conference held yearly for showcasing outstanding technological improvements in the patron electronics enterprise. This 12 months, the four-day occasion held from January five via January 8, 2017, marked its 50th anniversary with 3,886 exhibitors displaying off myriad revolutionary tech developments and avant-garde gadgets with a view to driving the destiny of era globally.
It goes without pronouncing that Amazon’s Artificial Intelligence voice assistant ‘Alexa’ has been the star of the show as several Alexa-enabled subsequent-generation gadgets together with voice-controlled clever-domestic gadgets, cars, and robots had been displayed on the event. Alexa, which has outperformed Google Assistant and Siri may be programmed to carry out a couple of features along with starting your vehicle, locking doorways, adjusting thermostats, controlling lighting, and finding places.
1. Tech improvements in Smartphones: Qualcomm unveiled its modern day processor named Snapdragon 835 for revolutionizing the cellular era. Snapdragon 835 aims to convey High Dynamic Range to smartphones except facilitating higher digital revel in by using enhancing sight and sound for cell Virtual Reality. The new processor may even permit smartphones to produce high-resolution pictures even in negative lighting conditions. It may even facilitate faster connection with the aid of paving the manner in the direction of the 5G network. Moreover, the chip also ensures longer battery existence because it consumes 50% much less electricity in comparison to Snapdragon 801. Additionally, biometric sensors embedded in the 835 promises higher security to telephone customers.
World’s first phone with molecular-sensors “H2” was additionally unveiled at CES. This 6-inch Android smartphone can experiment any object to provide you with on the spot remarks on its chemical composition, be it food items or medicines.
2. A Glimpse Into the 5G future: Qualcomm confirmed the diverse approaches its technology goes to empower the 5G future. At CES, the CEO of Qualcomm Stephen Mollenkopf asserted that 5g might be a ground-breaking network to be able to help a big range of gadgets with super velocity and scale. Moreover, it’s going to have a considerable impact on the international financial system.
At the convention, American era agency Intel too released its 5G Modem that can deliver 5G in each mmWave spectrum and 6GHz bands. Besides this, Intel also unveiled its new car 5G platform named Intel Go to help automated using.
3. Cloud-Based Innovations: CES 2017 additionally witnessed several cloud-based announcements. Nvidia grabbed the attention of PC game enthusiasts with the aid of launching its cloud software ‘GeForce Now’ for PC and Mac with a view to permit gamers to convert their PC into an advanced gaming rig to circulate and play the present day video games in their choice.
Besides this, global’s first cloud-based totally keyboard ‘the 5Q’ additionally made its debut on the occasion. The special characteristic of this keyboard is that it’ll be related to the cloud and display shade-coded email notifications, sports updates, and stock prices at the keys of the keyboard.
4. Artificial Intelligence (AI) Stole the Show: AI absolutely took a center degree at some stage in CES 2017. AI has been featured as an imperative part of almost the whole thing- from smart jeans that display guidelines, and clever puppy collars to sense your pet’s emotions, too clever gloves for stroke victims and clever automobiles. These automated brains are empowering human beings to replicate virtual worlds except endowing computers with the intelligence to realize the actual global.
· AI-powered Cars: Automobile companies are that specialize in AI-powered cars as the day isn’t a long way whilst clients will search for self-riding automobiles. Smart vehicle manufacturers will soon provide you with AI-powered vehicles that could generate their personal emotions due to the fact quickly customers will opt for cars with which they can establish the first-rate emotional relationship. CES 2017 noticed the release of many AI-powered emotional automobiles including Honda’s NeuV that features HANA (Honda’s Automated Network Assistant) to personalize the drivers enjoy. HANA’s face recognition era and heart-rate monitor assist the electric vehicle to understand your glad and melancholic moods. It can also suggest song based on your mood except remembering your favored locations along with cafe’s, parks, and so forth.
Toyota too released its futuristic automobile the “Concept-I”, powered via AI technology which can recognize the need of the driving force in addition to passengers. Likewise, Nvidia delivered its self-using car machine named Drive PX designed to recognize the motive force’s mood, the auto’s surroundings and parent out what is going on inside the interior of the auto.
· AI-powered Health-tech Devices: In order to comprise advanced technology and new-age wondering to the exercise ordinary of health freaks, health era corporations unveiled a number of state-of-the-art health wearable gadgets on the CES. For instance, Boltt, a Mumbai-primarily based health tech organization unveiled AI-packed health trackers, clever footwear embedded with stride sensor, and a virtual fitness assistant named “B” that gives users with real-time comments and voice coaching on fitness and fitness.
The display also displayed digestive trackers to help customers decide the kind of food plan that is right for his or her frame, and a smart hairbrush embedded with sensors which can locate how you sweep your hair so that it can teach you to correctly brush your hair with the aid of sending records to your connected phone.
Originally posted 2018-09-15 12:56:50.